Daily Virus Report (Dec 20, 2008) - Hack.Exploit.Script.JS.Agent.ic
Dec 20, 2008 one virus needs your attention. It is Hack.Exploit.Script.JS.Agent.ic. This malicious virus spread through Internet. The virus carries malicious attack through the latest vulnerability that exists in IE browser. And now, there are 1.5 million of computers get infected in China, and the number of malicious website which takes Hang CockHorse tech is growing fast. RISING recommends all netizen patches your system as soon as you can, and keep your computer away from this malicious attack.
Warning level: Highly Dangerous
Affected System: Windows XP/2003
This is a malicious code with strong aggressiveness. Hackers often insert this malicious code into a webpage which takes Hang CockHorse tech; when users access this kind webpage, the malicious code will break though system security protection system. And so, other Trojan stealer or Trojan downloader can easily infect the aiming device. This malicious code attacks all popular series IE browsers
Anti-virus experts suggest that computer users take the following measures to protect against this virus:
1. Install Rising Anti-virus, personal firewall, update in time, and at least 3 times per day for updating Rising.
2. Use Rising Vulnerability Check, patch your computer system in a timely manner as many viruses spread by taking advantage of the system exploits or vulnerabilities.
3. Do not browse suspicious websites, and suspicious inserter; turn off or delete unnecessary system services.
4. Do not receive the suspicious file from QQ, MSN, Email, etc.
5. Open auto-protect and auto-monitor function when accessing to the internet.
6. Put your account information of networks bank, networks game, MSN, QQ, Yahoo Messenger etc, into Rising Application Protection, Rising Application Protection can protect specified applications from attack by malicious programs. A user can apply rules to game software, instant messenger, etc. to customize protection.